Temple Day Retreat with the Guest Teacher Gen Kelsang Tenzin
Our mind is often disturbed by painful thoughts and feelings that disrupt our sense of well-being and cause us to disrupt our personal relationships and to experience various kinds of suffering. Buddha teaches us practical methods to purify our mind of this negativity and thus reduce our suffering now and in the future. As our mind becomes purer, our experiences and relationships improve. Eventually, when we completely purify our mind, we will experience a completely pure world. In this retreat, we will learn about and begin to practice purifying our mind.
Gen Kelsang Tenzin is a Buddhist monk of over 17 years and has taught Kadampa Buddhism extensively for over 18 years in California, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. As a senior Kadampa student and teacher, he is a close disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
As the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Center Philadelphia, Gen Tenzin teaches Teacher Training Program, Foundation Program, General Program classes, day courses, and leads retreats.
He has a great depth of understanding of the teachings and is skillful in his presentation by sharing them in an entertaining, approachable, and kind-hearted manner.
- Part 1: 10 – 11am, 11:45am – 12:45pm
- Part 2: 2 – 3pm, 3:45 – 5pm
- Pre-registration has now closed, but you can still register at the door (although lunch availability not guaranteed at that point).
- Full Day: $40– or $35 for early registration (by Nov 9th), students, seniors 60+, and unemployed.- Includes Lunch
- Half Day: $25– or $20 for early registration (by Nov 9th), students, seniors 60+, and unemployed. *Doesn’t include Lunch, but you can purchase lunch in our World Peace Café
- Free for Student and Benefactor Level Members
Kadampa Meditation Center Maryland, World Peace Temple
900 East Northern Parkway, Baltimore MD 21212