Wednesdays @ 10:30 – 11:30am with Gen Kelsang Chogden
Transform your mind and you can transform your day….even your life! Buddha’s teachings explain exactly how to achieve this.
This class is a wonderful and insightful presentation of how we can apply meditation and Buddhism to our busy modern lifestyles. The teachings are practical advice that we can immediately put into practice to find greater love, compassion and wisdom in our everyday lives. There is usually time for Q&A and class discussion.
Positive Solutions for these Difficult Times
Covid 19 has literally changed everything in our life, at least for right now. How do we get through this in the most peaceful, positive way? Even though Buddha lived 2600 years ago he had all the answers that we need to face this modern crisis. Please join us for a special livestream series on Positive Solutions for these Difficult Times.
- March 25 Dealing with Difficult Circumstances
- April 1 Reducing the Worry about Uncertainty
- April 8 How to be Alone with Yourself and Tolerate Others
- April 15 Refuge from Fear
- April 22 Making Peace with Change and Loss
- April 29 Getting Strong in the Midst of Tragedy
Eight Steps to Happiness
Everyone, whether religious or non-religious, is looking for happiness all the time and wants to be free from problems and suffering permanently. We mistakenly turn to things that bring us only temporary happiness, but through practicing Buddha’s teachings we can fulfill our greatest wishes through learning to train our mind within our daily activities, particularly during the pandemic of Covid-19.
- May 6 Learning to Cherish Others
- May 13 Enhancing Cherishing Love
- May 20 Firmly Facing and Averting Our Delusions
- May 7 The Inner Wealth of Compassion
- June 3 Seeing Everything as a Teaching
- June 10 Accepting Defeat and Offering the Victory
- June 17 Closed for US Spring Festival
- June 24 Taking and Giving
- July 1 Mental Freedom through Understanding Reality
Cost: $12/class ($8 for students, seniors 60+, and unemployed)
You can also become a member starting at $40/month and receive discounts while you help to provide a steady level of support for our activities.
First time coming to the class? Here is what to expect.
Location: KMC Maryland World Peace Temple, 900 East Northern Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21212