Class time Thursdays 7:00pm – 8:15pm with Gen Kelsang Chogden
This class is a wonderful and insightful presentation of how we can apply meditation and Buddhism to our busy modern lifestyles. The teachings are practical advice that we can immediately put into practice to find greater love, compassion and wisdom in our everyday lives. There is usually a time for Q&A and class discussion. This class is an ideal starting point for those interested to find out more about Buddhism and meditation. The program is a drop-in class, walk-ins are welcome!
Positive Solutions for these Difficult Times
Covid 19 has literally changed everything in our life, at least for right now. How do we get through this in the most peaceful, positive way? Even though Buddha lived 2600 years ago he had all the answers that we need to face this modern crisis. Please join us for a special livestream series on Positive Solutions for these Difficult Times.
- March 26 Dealing with Difficult Circumstances
- April 2 Reducing the Worry about Uncertainty
- April 9 How to be Alone with Yourself and Tolerate Others
- April 16 Refuge from Fear
- April 23 Making Peace with Change and Loss
- April 30 Getting Strong in the Midst of Tragedy
Eight Steps to Happiness
Everyone, whether religious or non-religious, is looking for happiness all the time and wants to be free from problems and suffering permanently. We mistakenly turn to things that bring us only temporary happiness, but through practicing Buddha’s teachings we can fulfill our greatest wishes through learning to train our mind within our daily activities, particularly during the pandemic of Covid-19.
- May 7 Learning to Cherish Others
- May 14 Enhancing Cherishing Love
- May 21 Firmly Facing and Averting Our Delusions
- May 28 The Inner Wealth of Compassion
- June 4 Seeing Everything as a Teaching
- June 11 Accepting Defeat and Offering the Victory
- June 18 Closed for US Spring Festival
- June 25 Taking and Giving
- July 2 Mental Freedom through Understanding Reality
Class Fee: $12/class ($8 students/seniors/unemployed)
You can also become a member starting at $40/month and receive discounts while you help to provide a steady level of support for our activities.
Gen Chogden’s compassionate activities of teaching, guiding, and inspiring those around her are the result of her deep faith, clear wisdom, and heartfelt concern for others that brings true sincerity and humility to her life as a spiritual teacher.
Her teachings are always practical and easy to apply to everyday life. Through her gentle and joyful approach and her peaceful example, she has helped many people find true happiness in their hearts.